I get quite a kick when I find out about famous authors who have made a living out of writing under secret pen names, for years, with the public being none the wiser. To me, it adds to their charm, and lends an air of mystery.
After intense research (a coffee break, avoiding actual work, and the net, grin) I found quite a few that may be a surprise to you as well.
- Ruth Rendell as Barbara Vine.
- J.K. Rowling as crime novelist Robert Galbraith. (This made international headlines when she was ousted recently.)
- Jayne Anne Krentz – has two with historical fiction writer Amanda Quick and Sci-fi write Jayne Castle.
- Anne Rice as ooh la la erotic novelist Anne Rampling
- Michael Crichton as fast-paced medical detective writer John Lange.
- Julian Barnes as thriller…
View original post 352 more words